£34.90This product contains alcohol. You have confirmed to be over 18 years old, but can still be asked to show ID on delivery.
If you are after a classic Rioja and a good vintage wine this is your choice
- Grape variety: 75% Tempranillo, 15% Garnacha, 10% Graciano and Mazuelo
- D.O. Rioja
- Vintage: 2007
- Colour: Vibrant red leading slightly towards amber.
- Nose: Light fresh texture with notes of vanilla and dried berry aromas
- Palate: Rich, very dry, smooth, developed. Firm tannins and good balance.
- Vineyards: The Tondonia vineyard has to be is the most spectacular in Haro. Situated in a shell-like depression next to the River Ebro which serves as a border with Rioja Alavesa. Vineyards are located at 480 metres above sea lavel.
- Wine Making: Qualified as very good vintage. An absence of spring frosts there was a dry and hot summer, free of fungal diseases, that resulted in an abundant harvest. The collecting work began in early October and it was finished in late October. Aged in oak barrel for 6 years and 10 years in the bottle in perfect conditions of temperature and humidity.
- Awards: 96 Points . Wine Advocate (Robert Parker)
- 13% abv
- Enjoy at 18° C- 20° C
Goes well with all meat dishes however prepared. A perfect partner to a Leg of New Season Welsh Lamb stuffed with wild garlic, rosemary and anchovies.