A singular target and a very limited production
- Grape variety: Macabeo
- D.O. Calatayud
- Vintage: 2018
- Colour: Pale yellow with greenish hues
- Nose: Fruity and intense, clean. Toasted nuances as it has been kept in the Oak barrique
- Palate: Unctuous and silky, fresh and clean. Long and elegant aftertaste
- Vineyards: Vines aged over 4o years located up in the mountain at 900 metres altitude in a watershed area. These Macabeo old vines give less than 2 kilo of grapes per vine. The soil is pebbles predomaining.
- Wine Making / Aging: Manual harvest in 2o kilo crates. Fermentation took place at 16º C in stainless steel deposits. Then it transferred to French Oak barriques along with its lees (dead yeast cells and other particles remaining in a wine after fermentation. They settle as sediment or creamy mud at the bottom of the fermenting barrique) and it is kept for 3 months, with a daily stirring . Then is bottled and left to age for another 2 years.
- 13.5% abv
- Enjoy at 10° C
Its name, Nietro, comes from an ancient wine measuring unit equivalent to 16 large pitchers or 160 litres.